Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Alert Chime.

metropilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 wagon
Hey Guys, sorry for the long post, thought i would give as much info as possible.

I have read about 100 threads here to see if there is an answer to my question but i couldn't find one.

I Just bought a 2011, VE Series 2 Omega wagon, From the council and the headlights were always on, there was a second battery in the boot and the seatbelt chime didn't work. So I'm guessing as it definitely isn't a police car, maybe the government can buy the police pack? so i read here i need to get the bcm re-programmed, so off to holden i go, the lady quoted me $121, so i waited around for an hour, and the mechanic told me that the loom to the light switch had been altered, it would be another hour, so i paid $242, and the lights were back to factory.

But the seat belt chime still doesn't work, they took the car out of police mode, and tried some other bcm configurations, but couldn't get it to work. and told me it could be a few hours to fix, couldn't quote it, and i didn't want to worse case scenario spend $1000 fixing it.

I rang the dealer that the council got it from and they told me that it was a factory fitting, now i don't think the factory has disabled the wiring to the seatbelt buckle, because the screen still shows the please fasten seatbelt for both passenger and driver, and goes off when i plug in the belt.

I tried the reset settings under the dash menu, as someone on here said that fixed for him.

I also don't get any beeps when handbrake is on, or when i start it, is it possible that the police pack removed the speaker from the instrument cluster?

When else apart from the seatbelt should that alert go off?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
If you've had the BCM taken out of Police mode and into standard chances its not software related.

There is a connector plug under the drivers seat for the seat belt chime. Its located towards the back of the seat base. I is possible they just disconnected it, it will possibly be a 'White' connector plug with black wires going to the seat belt stork, the other will be 'Yellow' this is for airbags and should be connected anyway.

You'll need to use the electronic seat control to raise the seat UP so you can get a look underneath.

metropilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 wagon
I'll have a look tomorrow, but I don't think that's it, as it shows in the dash unplugged and changes when you click your belt, so there must be a wire to something.

What else dings from that speaker?

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
chime

these are what u need to look for under the driver seat.. i disabled my chime. by unplugging the lead to the seat belt socket. yours could be unplugged already. so have a look.

Attachments

• 1400727_657955167570248_768911395_o.jpg
    1400727_657955167570248_768911395_o.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 426
  • 1403041_657955164236915_617378753_o.jpg
    1403041_657955164236915_617378753_o.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 416

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
There is a programming option (TECH2) to remove the seatbelt chime on Series II Clusters.
(The sea tbelt light will still work, but the chime will not sound at all).

The cluster has a single speaker which is used for chimes and the indicator / turn signal sound.
In your case, this sounds more and more like the seatbelt wiring is intact, and that the cluster has been programmed with the seatbelt chime disabled.
It sounds like that "they" missed this option when disabling the police features (such as the police trap speed mode) on the cluster.

Someone like Ultimate conversion wiring can program (enable) the seatbelt chime on the cluster, but to be perfectly honest, the cost of this may not be worth the effort.
(If you are going to get the cluster re-programmed, you may as well look at fitting a triple LCD cluster from a Calais / HSV, and have that re-programmed with all the settings that you need / want).

Hope this helps ?