Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 2 Door actuator

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
I can only assume there are others out here that have had slammed the doors 100 times to turn off the radio due to the door actuator not activating the sensor to turn off the radio. I have ordered the part and looking at installing it. i found the below video and it seems easy.

The part is $220 from Furntree gully holden. I got quoted $ 350 from patterson cheney for the same part....

Would it be worth holden to do it for $200 or give it a crack myself.. I was seeing if anyone has done it before and give some tips. thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Did you ask in the VE sub-forum?
[I did quickly check, but you might have asked a while back ... they're probably the same thing for VF & VE but I don't know if that's why you're asking here ... or if it was a mistake :)]

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It's easy DIY especially with that video

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Yep its pretty straight forward , was / is a common problem with the VE. Had mine done a while ago under warranty, took them about 20 minutes .

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I did one in my VE drivers door just recently, for the second time after having one previously replaced under warranty. Seems like these actuators only last a few years at best.
Its simple to do, just follow the video and you cant go wrong.
BTW... I paid $175 and that was though the Ferntree Gully Holden Ebay store.

Coight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais V
Had the same issue. Solved it my taking the door panel off and hitting the switch with lots off CRC 2.26 electrical contact cleaner. Dont worry its harmless. Leave the door open with a rag under the door drain holes till it stops draining. At first it began to work intermittently then after a couple more sprays it finally worked everytime and has continued to now for more than a year.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Coightstuffost: 2866923 said:
Had the same issue. Solved it my taking the door panel off and hitting the switch with lots off CRC 2.26 electrical contact cleaner. Dont worry its harmless. Leave the door open with a rag under the door drain holes till it stops draining. At first it began to work intermittently then after a couple more sprays it finally worked everytime and has continued to now for more than a year.
Used the same stuff on my boot lock when the boot light stopped working. Works a treat