Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 2 Fog light

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
I’m looking at converting my Pontiac g8 to a VE series 2 front end. My only issue is that the actual fog lights have 4 holes that looks like some sort of nuts and bolts or screws go into the fog lights to secure them. I can’t seem to find any part numbers or any instructions on how to mount the fog lights. If anyone has any pictures of their bumper off and fog lights mounted, send them my way please
ABF023ED-08D9-4BD2-B2AC-D7A382337C93.jpeg

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
Are you changing to a SSV front or a calais front as they use different fog lights

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted. Series II might be different.

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Are you changing to a SSV front or a calais front as they use different fog lights
It would be the SSV. The fog in the picture is the one of an SSV. I just need the part number or screws or nut and bolt size to mount it. That’s what I can’t find

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Part numbers vary. Over the almost decade these were made, there were a few different part numbers for the same thing.
The fog lamp itself it the same assembly across all models. What differs is the panel it mounts into.

I though I had some pictures from when I did my Calais foglights when I painted the front bar, but I didn't.

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 10.17.40 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 10.15.37 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 10.16.49 am.png

As mentioned, these names only refer to the inserts, not the fog light. The two types are A and Type B. They bolt to the different panels the same.

The fixings here are torx head, but you can use any other just fine. It was M6 or M8 from memory. M6 seems about right. They are the same as used on VZ (GTO), so I can check the length later for you.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If they are like Series I there is a grill/bezel they bolt into. Series one were available last year for about $30ea at Holden when I bought one. Series II should still be available. The bezel comes with blue clips, these are needed to screw the bolts or screws in. The clips can be bought separately.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The bar should come with that panel that clips in as shown above.

If OP has the bar but not the inserts, the inserts might be challenging to find.

The fog light assembly bolts up to those inserts. Same light, different inserts/panel in the bumper.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The bar should come with that panel that clips in as shown above.

If OP has the bar but not the inserts, the inserts might be challenging to find.

The fog light assembly bolts up to those inserts. Same light, different inserts/panel in the bumper.
Not sure I'm following. Does the Series II not have the separate bezel mounts like a Series I does? A new bumper cover doesn't generally come with anything except the bumper cover itself. Everything else is bought separately.

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
T
Part numbers vary. Over the almost decade these were made, there were a few different part numbers for the same thing.
The fog lamp itself it the same assembly across all models. What differs is the panel it mounts into.

I though I had some pictures from when I did my Calais foglights when I painted the front bar, but I didn't.

View attachment 254997View attachment 254998View attachment 254999

As mentioned, these names only refer to the inserts, not the fog light. The two types are A and Type B. They bolt to the different panels the same.

The fixings here are torx head, but you can use any other just fine. It was M6 or M8 from memory. M6 seems about right. They are the same as used on VZ (GTO), so I can check the length later for you thank
I’m trying to change it to an SSV