Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE series 2 Fog light

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Part numbers vary. Over the almost decade these were made, there were a few different part numbers for the same thing.
The fog lamp itself it the same assembly across all models. What differs is the panel it mounts into.

I though I had some pictures from when I did my Calais foglights when I painted the front bar, but I didn't.

View attachment 254997View attachment 254998View attachment 254999

As mentioned, these names only refer to the inserts, not the fog light. The two types are A and Type B. They bolt to the different panels the same.

The fixings here are torx head, but you can use any other just fine. It was M6 or M8 from memory. M6 seems about right. They are the same as used on VZ (GTO), so I can check the length later for you.
sorry for the late reply but I do really appreciate the help I was almost sure that the fog lights mount to the bezels but then I started seeing a metal plate that people talk about for a fog light mounting bracket. Leading to my other question… where does that metal bracket go if the fog lights go into the plastic bezels? The part number for the metal bracket is (92216465)

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Part numbers vary. Over the almost decade these were made, there were a few different part numbers for the same thing.
The fog lamp itself it the same assembly across all models. What differs is the panel it mounts into.

I though I had some pictures from when I did my Calais foglights when I painted the front bar, but I didn't.

View attachment 254997View attachment 254998View attachment 254999

As mentioned, these names only refer to the inserts, not the fog light. The two types are A and Type B. They bolt to the different panels the same.

The fixings here are torx head, but you can use any other just fine. It was M6 or M8 from memory. M6 seems about right. They are the same as used on VZ (GTO), so I can check the length later for you.
Can I have your email? I check that more often than this.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Best to not publicly post your email.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just recall the foglights on my VE Calais bolted straight onto the plastic. There wasn’t a metal bracket.

Same on my VZ. The foglights bolt straight on to the plastic bar.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did some looking for you on the good old eBays.

The brackets
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3734550...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
IMG_4230.jpeg

The lights and bezel
IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1434212...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The Ozeparts lights, they do reproductions. I’ve used them for a lot of parts (including lights) on my project and the parts are not junk. They are better or as good as OEM. They also make a lot of parts no longer made by Holden for older Holdens.

The DRL in the bezel is a class touch. Fills the bezel. Doesn’t look like cheese.

The pics I posted earlier from the factory manual are for series one. No one has ever found a manual for series 2. However these are series 2. You can get a solid idea of how they fit from the pics.

The links are for series 2 fog lights. SS,SV6 and SSV. Same part.

I could probably find genuine but…
aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Also, good move with the conversion. G8 front bars look like a bum hole.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Calais are different again.

Gh2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac g8
Yo
Did some looking for you on the good old eBays.

The brackets
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3734550...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
View attachment 255169

The lights and bezel
View attachment 255173
View attachment 255172
View attachment 255171
View attachment 255170

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1434212...VTSobbORpi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The Ozeparts lights, they do reproductions. I’ve used them for a lot of parts (including lights) on my project and the parts are not junk. They are better or as good as OEM. They also make a lot of parts no longer made by Holden for older Holdens.

The DRL in the bezel is a class touch. Fills the bezel. Doesn’t look like cheese.

The pics I posted earlier from the factory manual are for series one. No one has ever found a manual for series 2. However these are series 2. You can get a solid idea of how they fit from the pics.

The links are for series 2 fog lights. SS,SV6 and SSV. Same part.

I could probably find genuine but…
aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

Also, good move with the conversion. G8 front bars look like a bum hole.
You’re a life saver. I appreciate it so much