Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 Sportswagon brake upgrade.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I changed bearings when the work was done, didn't need to but heard 1000 Internet nanny goats whispering doom and gloom fk it new axles (bearings) all corners.
Yeah the concept that spacers kill bearings and different offsets don't... If extra 15mm were added to the mating surface of each std wheel then it has a +33 offset, around +35 is commonplace and apparently fine, but bolt-on TüV approved lifetime guaranteed in between is no good.
Admittedly there are some extremely dodgy spacers and people who flog them out there (and in here).
The common misbelief is that wider wheels and different offset won't effect anything like spacers do, and that having a wider track that way is somehow still legal!?

techmen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX custom SW in progress
newbie from NZ here searching through forums, loads of info but I just need clear confirmed info,(probably been covered in detail-links?) my 2008 sportwagon SV6. want to upgrade all brakes to HSV?GTS similar spec sizes.
exactly which year,model calipers from caddy cts-V will bolt on directly front and rear. Do caliper to mount bolts need to be replaced with longer/larger ones. What size rotors needed to fit theses, are offsets etc on holden rotors compatible, and what brake hoses fit . Backing plate mods front and rear?Brake master bore and stroke ok for increased fluid delivery? Wheel size and offset to clear? Spacers are not allowed here unless attached to wheel permanently.?
ok here to ask or start another thread?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Start another thread by all means please but all answers covered for fronts at least on site. Happy to contribute my experience with it all if needed.