Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sidi oil?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i recently used penrite 5w-40 and it's awesome. Also i'll never let another dealer service my car, after 5000kms i had 4 liters of oil in my car :mad::mad:

your saying its because they didnt put enough oil back in it? not because of a fault with the motor is using oil?

good luck with having a warrenty claim on a motor that hast been service by a qualified/licenced mechanic

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
your saying its because they didnt put enough oil back in it? not because of a fault with the motor is using oil?

good luck with having a warrenty claim on a motor that hast been service by a qualified/licenced mechanic

He didn't say he serviced it himself now days like I did & if he still has warranty then maybe he users a certified place which means he would stil have warranty if some thing happen

Anyway myself I want to supercharge it so I'm not worried bout warranty and Holden service history my car also is out of warranty and I didn't want to extend mine

Just waiting for raptor to release the sidi kits :)

I got magnatec fuel saving 5-30w today lol after running the car for a few hrs the idle is reading 1.4L/H. When it used to read 1.2L/H using the standard oil that comes with Holden service kits

Going see how it goes but might try castrol edge next change when it's charged

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I ve been using shell helix ultra 5w-30 for last two years in my sv6 sidi

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2

good luck with a warranty claim? i change my own oil every 5,000-7500kms after they 'serviced' my car and never once had a problem with a warranty job, it doesn't take a certified mechanic to do an oil change. i intend on keeping my engine running as clean and smoothly as possible. My motors fine it still hasn't even reached 50thou yet.

Mind you these are the same people who put 7 kms on my car and was reading 23L/100kms on the trip computer in a V6