Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sidi v6 water temp?

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Hi is any one out there got a water temp gauge fitted to a ve sidi v6

if so what is your average water ECT reading? I currently have a iPad Hooked up via wifi to my ve using dash command app with the HSV skin logo for gauges mine runs bout 90 degree in day time in traffic an around 80-85 degree on open road or at night the dash temp gauge normally sits just under half way all the time after the cars warmed up

any input would be great also if u have a oil temp gauge hooked up could u tell me your average readings as due to the car only has a oil pressure señor running through the ecu the iPad can't give me a oil temp reading I have a separate one to fit with a air fuel ratio but not plan fit it unless I supercharge the car

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
Not many people with gauges on there Ve v6

Anyway can any body tell me the ECT reading on your sports screen on some sv6 models
Think it's pre sidi only that have that just so I can get a idea what temp your coolant runs at

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
That water temp seems pretty normal for all standard cars.

Why are you after oil temp etc? I can tell you running temp will be around 100 to 120 & will generally take approx 10 mins of driving before it gets to a reasonable temp where you can start really giving it the berries :)

Grumpyoldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS-V Z Sedan Perfect Blue
Why are you after oil temp etc? I can tell you running temp will be around 100 to 120 & will generally take approx 10 mins of driving before it gets to a reasonable temp where you can start really giving it the berries

If you give it the berries won't it go bananas?

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
^^^

I like that one!

goldcoastr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve wagon
if u click my car in my signature u might see why i want to add some gauges the water ECT i was just asking others what their car runs if they had a gauge that is

the oil temp i plan to fit and use It to know when the car is at good operating temp, plan take it to queensland race way after my mods and have some fun with the car before i part with her :)

Oil Temp/Pressure & Water Temp gauges are pretty usefull when u are spinning around in the Pit :p