Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Single Exit Exhausts

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
I see the 350z and 370z guys putting single exit exhausts on their v6's, and they sound pretty good.

I'm curious about v8's and single exhausts, not many of them to listen to.

Anyone done this on a VE/VF?

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Old boss got a l77 put in his gu patrol Ute single 3 inch and sounded perfect

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I was told for the VE, if you have a LEO Engine you must keep a single exhaust not a twin system, Hummmmmm Anyone else heard about this?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I think he’s meaning the single tips at the end of the rear muffler as opposed to the dual tips they usually run... would think it would be counter productive to convert a Twin exhaust back to a single system

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I think he’s meaning the single tips at the end of the rear muffler as opposed to the dual tips they usually run... would think it would be counter productive to convert a Twin exhaust back to a single system
Arghhh OK understand now. But now I would like to know about my question as a Holden Service person told me this that if you have the early LEO quad cam engine you must use a single exhaust meaning on one pipe from the Engine. Who knows if you put a SV6 with duel pipe you might lose HP or bring up codes.

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Well I've yet to hear a good-sounding, loud V6 - but there is one exception.
I was taking the mufflers off my twin 2.5 xforce (stainless) so I could make hella noise one day. It sounded okay but noticeably flat, or boring, kinda like someone had just turned the volume up... Nothing special.

I then decided to rip around with only one muffler on.

And it sounded *a m a z i n g*

It sounded like a true 6 should; just a visceral scream that keeps going and going up to the redline.

Of course, the drone was really bad so I unhappily put the second muffler back on.
Also there was a lot of soot around the gasket of the first muffler.
Perhaps this was due to the pressure difference (duh...).

I'm thinking that a small, single, merged exhaust would be a great setup on these cars, both 6's and 8's.
If it can make a v6 sound respectable then what about a v8 o_0?

P.S
I hate v6 noise. It is really the worst engine sound ever. However I do own a VE v6 and I want to make it special - after all, these cars aren't made anymore.