Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE snapped!!!!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Oh dear, looks like an overweight Euro car with an AU roof.
Not impressed in the slightest.

Edit: I should reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh though.

Last edited:
F

foammedia

I don't think it looks too bad but I can't say it looks as good as a BA/F and Ford have a new car comming so I think they will have a much more futuristic car than Holden for the next 8 or 9? years. I think the VE looks 2002-2006 but I was expecting it to look 2010 :). Holden missed the boat with the retro future car trend, the right thing to do would have been to take the VH VK or VL and futurise it (VH really), wider/lower/meaner. Who knows Ford may suprise everyone and go with that. But how exactly do you make a XY GT HO wider/lower and meaner? :p

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
ROFL UR SIGNATURE HAHAHAHAHA

Cheers
MaT

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
apparently that isnt even the SS!! mite be the sv8 or the upcoming 6 turbo. i reckon it looks mean. the c-pillar is actually much wider but its taped up. the AU style roof is a bit of a bumma though but ohhwell. cant wait to see it in v8 supercar form!

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
by the way, can anyone tell me anything about the turbo that holden has to be bringing into production to beat ford at its own game? im dying to find out!
thanks heaps

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
392RWkwSS said:
apparently that isnt even the SS!! mite be the sv8 or the upcoming 6 turbo. i reckon it looks mean. the c-pillar is actually much wider but its taped up. the AU style roof is a bit of a bumma though but ohhwell. cant wait to see it in v8 supercar form!

There isn't going to be an SV8 in the VE line-up, rumour has it there will be two versions of the SS instead

SS: Similar to the current SV8, less fancy stuff and more stripped down/sporty
SS-V: Similar to the current SS, more fancy stuff, possibly Displacement on Demand

As for the turbo, they're already making the alloytech V6s for Alfa Romeo and Saab so I don't see why they wouldn't start putting them into the cars (although if Holden can make a car with as much power as the XR6T without the need for a couple of turbos this would be the better alternative for them)

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
theres something just not right with the proportions of the pics. they dont look long enough to be a commodore. I dont know if its a proportion thing but they just dont look like a large car, maybe medium sized, but not large!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
stretched

Give it a stretch and it looks much better.
I think the angle of the original photo gives a false impression of it's size.

Attachments

• VE stretch.JPG
    VE stretch.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 332

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
foammedia said:
I think the VE looks 2002-2006 but I was expecting it to look 2010 :). Holden missed the boat with the retro future car trend, :p
What cars are you refering to when you say retro cars? just curious as to what cars you mean exactly ?

F

foammedia

andrewmac said:
What cars are you refering to when you say retro cars? just curious as to what cars you mean exactly ?

Here are some American cars that go with the retro future theme :), The Camaro goes into production soon on the Zeta platform and the Mustang, and 300C have been out for a while. Also added a picture of the GT which might be replaced by the GR-1. I think the Mustangs dash is just *right* I don't think you could make a better modern dash/cluster than that

Attachments

• Ford-Mustang-2005-009.jpg
    Ford-Mustang-2005-009.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 3,178
  • Ford-Mustang-2005-017.jpg
    Ford-Mustang-2005-017.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 874
  • 2006-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-FA-City-1920x1440.jpg
    2006-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-FA-City-1920x1440.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 2006-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-Quarter-1920x1440.jpg
    2006-Chevrolet-Camaro-Concept-Quarter-1920x1440.jpg