Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Speakers

StevoG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Hey, I was just wondering what size speakers the VE commodores are running front and rear. I was after replacements for my brothers car.

Cheers

StevoG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
Sv6

Its an SV6. Cheers

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Ok there are 7 speakers in the SV6:

- Centre Dash Speaker... This speaker has a habit of distorting. I would look at replacing, or even removing it as I think it is pointless
- 2 Front Speakers... Replace these with splits, they'd be either 5.25 or 6" but im not sure which
- 2 Rear Speakers... I would replace these. Stock size is 5" or 5.25" but you'd be better off replacing them with 6" co-axials. There is room, just remove the plastic mounting bracket and replace with a 6mm MDF ring
- 2 In dash tweeters... Replace these with the tweeters that come with the front splits.

chrisishere

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
how about the VE Commodore Lumina, looking at getting new speakers for my car

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
how about the VE Commodore Lumina, looking at getting new speakers for my car

The Lumina gets the same speaker setup as the Omega I believe, which is a 6 speaker stereo. Therefore it is the same as SV6 minus centre dash speaker.

Here it is minus centre dash speaker again:

- 2 Front Speakers... Replace these with splits, they'd be either 5.25 or 6" but im not sure which
- 2 Rear Speakers... I would replace these. Stock size is 5" or 5.25" but you'd be better off replacing them with 6" co-axials. There is room, just remove the plastic mounting bracket and replace with a 6mm MDF ring
- 2 In dash tweeters... Replace these with the tweeters that come with the front splits.

Omega, Lumina etc. get 6 speaker stereo. Berlina? SS and SV6 get 7 speaker stereo. Calais V, SS V get 11 speaker stereo. I believe normal Calais gets 11 speaker setup also.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
im impressed at how much you know about VE's dylan...

Top Job!

aZk.

tropix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Hey Guys,
Ive got a VE SV6 and i want to put speakers in the parcel tray but not sure if they take
6x9s or 8"? Ive got a set of 6x9s but i went to JB and the bloke said they take 8inches. Im not 100% so i was asking others if they've put 8" or 6x9s into their VE's.
Thanx for the help

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
they are 8" in the parcel tray, shame really, the 6x9 holes in the vx I had were handy.
I had a look round for 8" ones to fit, but decided to go for just replacing the door speakers and putting in a sub.