Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE sportswagon tailgate rattle.

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Does anyone else have the issue of the wagon tailgate having a little play when latched closed which causes a rattle over hard bumps?

When closed, I can push the tailgate in and out a little which is what is causing the noise.

Is there any way to tighten them up?

bazz1961

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 series 2 sports wagon 3.6 sdi
mine rattles due to faulty touch pad ..it releases the locking latch enough for it to rattle but it won't open ..so have to use screw driver emergency release

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Mine latches down fine, but just likely with wear its not as tight as it should be. If I put a towel down where the bottom of the tailgate meets the body, it'll keep it there nice and firm. But I can't permanently use a towel!

Reaction score
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
Members Ride
VEII SV6
Arent there rubber stops which you can screw/unscrew to move in or out and stop free play in the door? The bonnet definately has these, maybe the boot has them as well...

Stuart123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SSV Manual Sportwagon
Does anyone else have the issue of the wagon tailgate having a little play when latched closed which causes a rattle over hard bumps?

When closed, I can push the tailgate in and out a little which is what is causing the noise.

Is there any way to tighten them up?

Hello mike,
I have a s2 Ve ssv wagon and I also have this hell annoying rattle from the boot. As far as I could tell it was the boot lining, not the actual tailgate?
I actually pulled the lining off and stuffed some low density foam in there, then put it back on (kind of a frustrating thing to do above your head) rattle still apparent somtimes, but definitly less.
Of course it could have pushed the lining out a bit against the floor and is helping stop the tailgate rattleing. Will re-investigate for you.

If it is just the entire tailgate you can just adjust the latch position.

Regards,
Stuart