Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss 2 1/2'' vs 3'' cat back exhausts ?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
thanks for that comment with the video helped clearing out alot of questions , good to see there is good people on here that genuinely help

Why not post a video of your exhaust sound as a reference, that would help others help you.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I have a 2.5" X-Force Stainless steel catback on my SSV and it sounds tough. No drone, no rasp and plenty loud enough for my tastes. What made it sound 10x better was the tune, the exhaust note totally changed due to the torque management being disabled.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
Xforce has 2 different 3" systems.
The one with the longer centre muffler sounds a lot better then the one most people get.
Have heard a few with cams and the long muffler one actually sounded pretty good.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
Xforce has 2 different 3" systems.
The one with the longer centre muffler sounds a lot better then the one most people get.
Have heard a few with cams and the long muffler one actually sounded pretty good.

I don't think they have the two with the new systems. Now the quieter system is 2 1/4". The mid is 2.5" and the loud is the 3". From what ive heard the new X force systems sound alot better then the older ones.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
I don't think they have the two with the new systems. Now the quieter system is 2 1/4". The mid is 2.5" and the loud is the 3". From what ive heard the new X force systems sound alot better then the older ones.

How long have they had the new systems?
i had the long muffler xforce only about a year and a half ago on my VE.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
OP why don't you post a video so we can better understand what you mean?

Put on a set of headphones if you can else turn up a good pair of speakers: Below is very similar to your car's system, can you spot whether this x-force catback with high flow cats and Pacemaker headers is a 2.5" or 3"?

[video=youtube_share;7hhU4TmcOo8]http://youtu.be/7hhU4TmcOo8[/video]

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
How long have they had the new systems?
i had the long muffler xforce only about a year and a half ago on my VE.

I couldn't tell you tbh.

Craig93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SEDAN
I couldn't tell you tbh.

No worries, might be something to ask about anyway.
The one i had didn't have a external x-pipe i think the rep said it was a h-pipe inside the muffler.
ive had 2.5" force which i found to quiet then went the 3" and found it much better only swapped it cause got a killer deal on current system.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I have a 2.5" X-Force Stainless steel catback on my SSV and it sounds tough. No drone, no rasp and plenty loud enough for my tastes. What made it sound 10x better was the tune, the exhaust note totally changed due to the torque management being disabled.

Hey mate did you get the tune with headers and cats or an intake, or just the tune on its own?