Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss aircon drain tube blocked

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN-F VF CLUBSPORT SV 340
can someone please tell me where underneath the car is the AIRCON drain tube is located ? i heard a swooshing sound coming from under the dash when i was accelerating and cornering and a pile of CLEAR water was flowing out under the dash glovebox area all over into the carpet .

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
1 billion dollars later on the VE and holden still can't produce a water proof car and to top it off they are still using drip rails:rofl2:

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
i think im ready to trade my car in for a horse instead , im so pissed off about this **** , i thought that they stopped making cars that rusted and got drenched internally with water from the 1800's , here we are 2012 still with ####ing water leaking into the cabin and soaking the ####ing carpet .
that plan of theirs to spend 1 billion dollars was to devise a plan on making leaky cars to increase the number of service repairs to increase their criminal revenue at their STEALERSHIPS . if i wanted to get ####ing water coming into the cabin i would have bought a ####ing boat instead of a car.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Lol I think you need to chill out and think about how many VE's they've built and that your talking about a product that has thousands of parts bolted together to make one car. You could sell this car and buy a another car like I did for my wife (a VW Passat) and it ended up having more issues in three months than my VE has had in the two years I've owned it.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
im thinking of trading my car in and getting that HDT SSV what do you think of them ?

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
im thinking of trading my car in and getting that HDT SSV what do you think of them ?

Waste of money . They're nice but price tag is very high. Have you found the problem yet with it?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If you look up in the passenger footwell with a torch into the centre console (right towards the firewall) youll see where the tube from the heaterbox goes into a rubber grommet and into another housing. If that grommet isnt sealing you need to soak it in silicone spray and rotate it 180 degrees and it should seat itself correctly.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
well i found an outlet tube in the centre of the car drivers side i believe thats the drain. i turned the aircon back on again and a heap of plain clean water is coming out from under the passenger dash .

ricey is that grommet you speak of inside the cabin ?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Yes it is.

splcrazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a look i cant see any grommet , i have a feeling that something happened to the tube from within the car and its not draining out from underneath the car , instead its draining out directly from under the dash , i have a towel shoved under there and its soaked , gonna take it to a place tommorow and hopefully they can fix it without keeping the car for too long .