Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Cold Starting issue - fixed by fuel brand change - WTF

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Cheers Pir4te,

Sorry to digress but does anyone know if I will still be able to use either E10, 95Ron E85 after a Gentech tune? Or will I be limited to 98RON? I think it replicates the Walky tune as they do them too and same power figures quoted.

My tank is near bone dry so will trial BP98 tommoz. It will be interesting to compare drivability, economy etc between Caltex 98, and BP 98.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Also the Caltex on the Barton (Gold Creek) and Somewhere in Tuggers has E85. If you want BP98 I've found about a third of BP's round here have been out for some time and Kingston is getting a refit. So I've been using Civic on my way to or from work.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
adyqabu4.jpg

ahy3uqup.jpg

And the one just off the Monaro at Michelago.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks blokes. They're going straight into the GPS.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Cheers Pir4te,

Sorry to digress but does anyone know if I will still be able to use either E10, 95Ron E85 after a Gentech tune? Or will I be limited to 98RON? I think it replicates the Walky tune as they do them too and same power figures quoted.

My tank is near bone dry so will trial BP98 tommoz. It will be interesting to compare drivability, economy etc between Caltex 98, and BP 98.

Its possible that the tune is not suited for ethanol or lower fuel grades yes, you have to check with them of course. Getting your car tuned to one grade of fuel AND throwing away 5-10% benefit of ethanol seems a bit restrictive.
I wouldn't do that.
Did you look into a remote tune?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Totally agree, and yes I've considered a remote tune. My response was too wordy and off thread so I'll PM you. Might look for a relevant thread or start a new one.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I've only used Caltex 98 in mine. I've never had any issues with it, but based on what I've read here I'm going to trial BP 98. I tried to get E85 in Canberra recently but couldn't. Will definitely try it next time I'm there though.

Thumpin,

Is your VE stock or has it been tuned / otherwise modified?

Factory stock.

I've tried E85 but found marginal change in performance and greatly reduced fuel economy (100 K's less from the tank). It's also a bit hard to get on my tour map.
Even BP outlets are getting scarce around my area. Its Caltex, Shell or 7/11 who take market share!