Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS II Walkinshaw Power Pack + Headers + 3.45 Diff. Thoughts?

Chaps90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Hey all,

New to the forum hunting for any and all information on what to expect and what to buy.

Currently i plan to get:

Walkinshaw Power Pack 2.5" (Was concidering adding the OTR but it seems worthless?)
Walkinshaw Sports Headers
New 3.45 Diff

All fitted at Walkinshaw Head Office in Melbourne.

I can also go to HPF if i like

My reasoning behind it is that i have a 6 year warranty with the car, so i might as well keep it.

What things do i need to be careful about with all the work above?

I.E: The diff effecting the speedo and the gearbox etc

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Chaps

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
Walkinshaw are overpriced rebranded products - search for vcm on internet

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
yeah dont blow your $$ on wankinshaw gear,waaay overpriced and there is much better gear around too. vcm are down your way amongst others, i'd be giving them a ring

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
As above. Shop around a bit.
Changed my ratio and it hasn't affected the speedo.

bennypage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS Sportwagon
You know my thoughts on Walky Chaps. Hope they don't do a template tune like they did on mine.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Walkinshaw Power Pack 2.5" (Was concidering adding the OTR but it seems worthless?)

You will make more power from an OTR than you will from headers and cats. It's definitely far from worthless. A lot of guys do OTR + Tune only, and gains them a tidy 30+rwkw. Headers and cats aren't that important these days, there will be a definite gain, but they're definitely no where near the bang for buck an OTR is.

If you want to to OTR + Full Exhaust + Tune, take it to HPF or Chevs. Your warranty shouldn't be affected by the bolt on mods. Holden will have to "prove" that the bolt on mods caused any issues, which is next to impossible.

Chaps90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Hmmm yeah only the tune is the problem. Need to do some more hunting on Friday and see what hpf says.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Take it to Chevs or VCM. Everytime I've got a quote at HPF they're always more expensive.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
lol at "OTR seems worthless"
a tune with an OTR will make far more power & torque than everything you are considering!
yeah throw an exhaust on if you want that lovely sound, but it honestly gives f*ck all performance, maybe 7rwkw for a catback and 15rwkw for a full system, you wouldnt notice a difference if you raced a stock SS

diff change, now youre talking sense, I assume you have an auto if you want a 3.45, you will definately notice the performance difference and it will feel alot better to drive

and yes, walkinshaw will sell you rebranded low end products at premium prices...

the bottom line is, if you want sound - exhaust, if you want performance - OTR, tune, diff

PS when getting a diff change, any decent workshop will change the ratio in the ECU as well so that speedo, etc are all fine

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
+1 for VCM, good quality products that they develop and good value.