Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS - mate trying to move it, but can’t get a look…opinion on value?

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Vehicle pic is not exact car but very similar.

Ve SSV sedan, 85k kms - all the usual mods, cam, exhaust, etc. unmarked interior, new rubber etc. Manual, HD clutch, coils, 2” low, etc.
He has not had a single person look at asking 34 ono.

I’m curious - What would ppls expectations be for a sale price on something like this? I’d have thought low 30’s with those kms would be a sale but I’m clearly out of touch…?

Attachments

• IMG_7301.jpeg
    IMG_7301.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 33

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Pre covid would have been lucky to get $25k. (I paid $25k for my manual 2012 SSV Z with 59k kms on it in 2017.)

Post covid, with a struggling economy the stupid covid tax is disminishing so not surprised your mate isn't getting any interest at $34k.

IMHO, it would need to start with a 2.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
He won't even get an offer if the starting price is anything above $25k. Even during Covid that was not a $34k bus.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Everyone with money that wants a VE all ready has one plenty of life long Holden men now drive Toyota or Nissan 4wd's and dont want a holden. The rest that drive dungers will only buy cheap cars . $34k for a 12 year old car not many are that stupid. Boy racer mods reduce value they dont add value as it had the gutts thrashed out of it.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Everyone with money that wants a VE all ready has one plenty of life long Holden men now drive Toyota or Nissan 4wd's and dont want a holden. The rest that drive dungers will only buy cheap cars . $34k for a 12 year old car not many are that stupid. Boy racer mods reduce value they dont add value as it had the gutts thrashed out of it.
I’m hearing ya - but it’s hard telling ya mates they are dreaming…so with a few responses from here and other places, I can soften the blow….

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I only paid $15k pre covid (literally a couple of days before the first lockdown here in QLD) for my manual SSV with all the usual mods and 180k kms on the clock. Even during the height of pandemic pricing mine would have been maybe $20-25k.

As Boozer has said, modifications detract from the value of the car and low mileage means nothing on a mangmobile that’s modified. Low mileage unmodified is where the value is at.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I’m hearing ya - but it’s hard telling ya mates they are dreaming…so with a few responses from here and other places, I can soften the blow….
Why bother, unless you have a financial stake in the sale.
Life's lessons stem from life's disappointments.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
’m hearing ya - but it’s hard telling ya mates they are dreaming…so with a few responses from here and other places, I can soften the blow….
Don't say anything to your mate it will just upset him, its not your problem an old bloke my father used to know has a HK he thinks is worth $50k he has no other money when he dies his Mrs is going to be very disapointed., He wont have a bar of the car is worth $10k tops.