Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS misfiring

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Hi all
Just bought a SS Ute (Manual) with 90k's and it seemed to drive fine when tested but after the long drive home it now is hesitating when accelerating. It stutters a bit once you have changed up to the next gear and accelerating and then seems to go well. Its like its misfiring or struggling for fuel. There in no engine management light showing(would this show for a bad plug/lead/coil pack?. What should i be looking at first? Bit annoyed as the fun didn't last long!
Any advice ?
Thanks
Alan

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if bad lead coil plug you should get a misfire code, was it serviced before you picked it up, check air filter, check leads on properly push hard,

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Thanks MYVESSV8..
I have as you suggested pushed the plug leads on to the plugs and coil packs and the car is now running fine. A couple moved a little bit onto the coil packs so hopefully problem solved.Could i have a dodgy lead? I will see how it goes and maybe replace the leads?

Thanks again

Alan

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Wouldn’t be silly to replace both leads and spark plugs as u don’t know when they’ve been done or if they’ve ever been done