Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS mufflers

SVEE SIX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Matyb can you let us know how you get on, more so with sound if any change.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
ive got the ssv mufflers on my ve sv6 just had to get new gaskets, sound is more at low end/idle not at the to end.

matyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I don't recall saying that your specific car had a different rear apron than the V8 model from which the mufflers came from. I only asked if it did, you were the one that went into a panic, then researched it and found your answer. I never offered incorrect advice or information.

helping someone by answering their specific question with a question unrelated to the origial question....there is no point flogging a dead horse.....thanks all the same!

matyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
ive got the ssv mufflers on my ve sv6 just had to get new gaskets, sound is more at low end/idle not at the to end.
my car has only done a few thousand kms so i was thinking the gaskets should be fine.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
my car has only done a few thousand kms so i was thinking the gaskets should be fine.
Yer i dont think they need to be changed on your car i only changed mine cuz the car had done 70,000km

matyb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Put them on Saturday, it was very straight forward and took half an hour all up, my 4 & 2 year old boys were helping so with out there help it would have been a 15 minute job :)
I did it mainly for cosmetics however i was pleasantly suprised by the sound, definately louder with a more aggressive note.