Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss need some sound from exhaust !

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon

Attachments

• !By-Db)g!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMT8I43)tQ~~_12.jpg
    !By-Db)g!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKjUE)KhjZmejBMT8I43)tQ~~_12.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 564

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
google v8 exhaust and you shall find,they work ok, some like them some don't, most commonly known as "j"pipes (pirate will disagree) but that's what most call them just not technically correct, no real drone from them (unless in top at about 1500-1600rpm and you try to accelerate) they do crackle a bit on decal, give reasonable tone from 2700rpm onwards all about personal choice, not to noisey below that as I said google on here and you should find some sound files as well

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Just get the local muffler shop to delete rear mufflers and fit a straight pipe. Cheap quick sounds nice. I have done it to mine.I looked at those pipes and looked at some fancy systems as well, but stock motor, stock car so i removed the rear mufflers.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
I have these on my 07 SS. Sounds like a v8 but downside is some vibration in 5th and 6th gear when cruising at 1500rpm. If i were to do it again would of just spend the extra $200 and got a catback with just rear mufflers and hotdogs or whatever in the centre section.

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Love to know where you got a 3" catback for $595.00 from cruell ? best ive seen is $795 and its diy install !

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
I have these on my 07 SS. Sounds like a v8 but downside is some vibration in 5th and 6th gear when cruising at 1500rpm. If i were to do it again would of just spend the extra $200 and got a catback with just rear mufflers and hotdogs or whatever in the centre section.

Hey buddy 5th and 6th gear at 1500 RPM is a bit low. the engine does not like it particularly in 6th where you would be doing approx 90+ kph. The vibration may be from the box itself......be wary.

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
I stand corrected. They seem for a xforce to be about $730 for 2.5" delivered. I could of sworn the used to be about $600.
Anyways I personally would of preffered a catback so as to get rid of the centre muffler. And im pretty sure the exhaust is resonating as it didnt do it before. What i might do is cut the "J" section and try to lengthen or shorten it with a peice of pipe that slips over the "J" and see if that does something to change the vibration. I will try and load up a vid of the sound on mine.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the pipes they use in the states on the Pontiac (where these originated from) most have an adjustable cap so you can "tune" to your engine/car

bkvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss sportwagon
Sounds like a good plan cruell, let me know how it goes . Hardest part is finding a sleeve that fits to do that,im sure an exhaust shop would have a short peice you could use.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Are you looking for more noise overall or better sound plus performance?

If lots louder then yeah delete rear mufflers and put those pipes on, otherwise better sound and performance then hard to beat HSV extractors and a CAI.