Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss OEM rocker arms issue

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi fellas I had an infamous single lifter noise so I replaced all the lifters 5000k later over the last few days and quickly inspected the camshaft visually in place with a torch while turning crank. The noise is still there but quieter than before and is annoying. I did replace the rocker arms before this noise started because I got them cheap and guy reckoned they were near new. Just wanted to ask if anybody has had a similar ticking noise caused by a rocker arm. I haven't heard of it happening before

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
All good it turned out the tapping wasn't constant, noticed fluttering coming from the bottom of the headers. Prob shudve replaced the gaskets instead of using old crummy cement I found lying about. Mr El cheapo

Skaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
There is still an audible ticking noise I'm assuming it's just the injectors working. They weren't wrong when some people say fitting headers can make these motors sound a bit on the noisy side