Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS problems

MovieDude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (A)
What email would that be? Customer service forms that I have posted back have never been acknowledged.

Regarding the recirculate button I have the same observation. I often get unwanted smells coming into the cabin and this is regardless of the button being lit or not. The 'explanation' from service was that is how it works but you can upgrade it to use a Hepa filter. 'So will that fix it?' I ask to which they say 'it will help a bit' - if you're gonna lie then learn to do it properly.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
i had heater hoses changed on my sv6 and im sure the smell of coolant is evedent throught them vents wen u first turn them on

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
My new SS now has 2000km on the clock and the gearbox is noisy... very noisy and has been since day 1. I'm getting it looked at soon... it's very clunky like my mate's SSV ute, but mine has extra "road" noise... when taking off slowly you can hear a whine or something... if I were to describe it I would class it as a bearing noise... but it's done it since new.

I am going to get it checked out though.

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
Sounds like you got an "Ex Holden Test car" from GMH proving ground at LANG LANG- My mate just bought a SS-V Manual with 40000klm on it & its a dream to drive , no noise , smooth shifts , lovely vehicle. I assume yours has a warranty with it??? Take it back & get stuck into them!!!!! Make them replace the gearbox & fix the other bits & give you a loan car while they are doing it. Its about time these Dealers got a Reaming....

i work at a dealership mate, we acctually get paid by holden todo warrenty work. so by all means book ya car in. you dont pay a cent and we make money. everyone wins.
to the op. sounds like its had the crap thrashed out of it. all the ones ive driven havent made that much noise or jumped out of gear or anything. and theres certainly no bearing noise

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Sounds like you got an "Ex Holden Test car" from GMH proving ground at LANG LANG- My mate just bought a SS-V Manual with 40000klm on it & its a dream to drive , no noise , smooth shifts , lovely vehicle. I assume yours has a warranty with it??? Take it back & get stuck into them!!!!! Make them replace the gearbox & fix the other bits & give you a loan car while they are doing it. Its about time these Dealers got a Reaming....

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Your posts are entertaining to read, i'll give you that

oosty85

YSPOOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 & VR CALAIS 5L
firstly, my ss is not a VE it's a VZ, but my thrust bearing was rooted at 65,000kms and it makes a terrible bunch of noises when the clutch is released at idle..Also, mine has 'drivetrain backlash' as u put it when i change from 1st to second with low-ish revs.

Anyway, i know how u feel man, u buy a 30G car and they do abnormal things!! Holden also told me they can't notice anything..

Arizona_G8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Holden/Pontiac G8 GT
On the G8s here in the states, you can hold down the recirc button for a few seconds and it goes into "pollution mode", (verbage is displayed on the screen). This seems to seriously cut down on outside air into the cabin. Holding the button down again takes it off...

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
According to my manual, polution mode automatically sets the system to recirculate when the speed drops below 15kph. Above that, it selects fresh air.

I'm going to try it in the traffic in the morning to see how it goes.

Now to get the gearbox to stay in 2nd between 10-20 kph.......(instead of throwing back into first and everyone having a "Waynes World" moment and suffering whiplash)

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
get it recalibrated shift points must be wrong

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Will do, just need to find the time to get to the dealer.....

Tried the pollution mode today. Made a huge difference in the traffic going to work. And it remembers the mode so that you don't need to re do it every time you start the car.