Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Radio Fascia into VE Berlina

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Saw a VE SS unit fascia up on gumtree - full black colour with colour screen. I have the VE Berlina one at the moment, silver colour with the crappy green screen.

Can I just directly swap the Berlina one with the SS one, as they're the same Blaupunkt unit, or do they need reprogramming with a TECH 2?

Any other issues given I'm going from non-colour screen to full colour?

Cheers,

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
OK thanks. What's the usual cost for that $100 + or something right?

Thinking it might be better just to buy a whole new unit if that's the case.

[md]#40

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
OK thanks. What's the usual cost for that $100 + or something right?

Thinking it might be better just to buy a whole new unit if that's the case.

Not too sure mate. I'm looking at getting an IQ system in my 06 berlina, so if you find out how much it costs can you let me know haha

Veberlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve berlina
Does anyone know if the SSV colour screen will even work with the Berlina Blaupunkt unit? I understand the Berlina one can't display colour, but will the SS Screen still display albeit in the monochrome green colour? I don't mind if it does as I just want the fascia to be black, rather than the silver I currently have. Cheers,

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
You need to swap the fascia and the "box" as well to a level 3 - the boxes come in three levels to match the fascias - the Berlina is L2 (Omega etc is L1) and SSV/Calais is L3 - including extra connectors on the RH side for video inputs etc. All that said, given your car already has DZ Climate Control, my un-educated guess is you'd only need to get the VIN programmed and you can skip all the HVAC mods many of us have endured lol.