Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS Turbo,,,

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
Hey guys n girls

Thoughts in the back of my head wanting a turbo kit for my ve ss..

Has anyone got this set up or experienced with this set up?

Main concern is reliability I need it to be a daily drive (shopping) day to day..

Single or twin?? im leading towards single..

Im not planning to go racing on race track, I just want power there..

Looking at MPW performance at dandenog..

Whats your thoughts fells???

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
You didn't ring them up today did you? I was in there this morning and someone was on the phone inquiring about one. I don't know much about it but I know they do a lot of the kits, haven't heard anything bad. Pretty sure it's very illegal without getting it engineered, but so are a lot of things we do to our cars. Insurance is another big issue which ties in with the engineering.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
You didn't ring them up today did you? I was in there this morning and someone was on the phone inquiring about one. I don't know much about it but I know they do a lot of the kits, haven't heard anything bad. Pretty sure it's very illegal without getting it engineered, but so are a lot of things we do to our cars. Insurance is another big issue which ties in with the engineering.

lol yes I did ring,, spoke to Adam very nice guy..

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Main concern is reliability I need it to be a daily drive (shopping) day to day..
Im not planning to go racing on race track, I just want power there..

Think about those two lines right there....

Cheaper and more reliable ways to get "more" (read: enough) power for a daily driver. Some bolt ons and a retune would be at the top of my list.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Really depends what way you go. There are a lot of turbo kits out there that are just flat out rubbish.

You can get reliable ones. C&A Auto Fashion in Blackburn do a really good kit, have heard good things about MPW as well as APS. But youre easily looking at the 10K+ mark for any sort of proper forced induction. If your goal is to get the shopping home quicker, well, its probably a waste of 10k.

Buying a second hand or a kit from somewhere like LS1TT for example youre going to need do lots of modification to get it to fit and they arent reliable.

I dont see why a really good quality kit cant be reliable. But, like supercharger kits, there is obviously more things that can possibly go wrong.

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
ducker85..

Supercharger hey... im open to options, give it to me :)

turbo OR SUPERcharger..what about cammed?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')

al..

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2 ss
lol....

Im a noob wen it comes to heavy mods.i just want the best possible upgrade in power without selling my house but a daily driver..As I mentioned im open to options..