Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V beeping at start-up

woodys90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey everyone,
Just bought an '06 VE SS-V and was just wondering if any other SS-V owners out there could tell me if it is normal for the dash to beep several times when the car is first turned on. Its rather annoying so if there is any way of disabling this i would love to know.
Thanks in advance, Adam

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hey everyone,
Just bought an '06 VE SS-V and was just wondering if any other SS-V owners out there could tell me if it is normal for the dash to beep several times when the car is first turned on. Its rather annoying so if there is any way of disabling this i would love to know.
Thanks in advance, Adam

Dads car does the same thing, it's called SEAT BELT!

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance, Adam

If you haven't buckled up, the dash will beep several time on start up. Try starting with your seatbelt already on. If it still beeps, I'm not sure what it is.

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
If you mean the bonging when its doing its checks i think it is, cant even remember its been in the bloody shop for ages, its normal. :)

luckycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Yeah its the seatbelt warning light, if you put your belt on before you start the car you wont get the beeping noise.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Yeah its the seatbelt warning light, if you put your belt on before you start the car you wont get the beeping noise.
Failing that, push the release button in as you start the car and hold it for 10 seconds or so. If you hold it long enough it won't beep.

simon.w

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Failing that, push the release button in as you start the car and hold it for 10 seconds or so. If you hold it long enough it won't beep.

Is that a once-off fix .. or something you have to do every time? I'm guessing the latter ... but man I'm hoping the first!!!!

HATE that bell hate it, hate it.

Have read forum suggesting shorting the wires that run into the latch along side the drivers seat ... but no one can confirm if this will cause issues with the air bag not going off if required. I suspect not ... but not something I'm prepared to risk.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
when shortin wires on the seat belt dont forget they have pretensioners on them too