Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS-V Exhaust?

seanssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6spd man with WP power pack
Good point about youtube. That's where I decided on my Walkinshaw kit as a bloke in WA had his on there.

Dazzak75

The HULK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
It is a good place to see what people have done to their car and see what you want to do to yours. I like to look and plan what is next. A charger is coming, as soon as the funds are available and the mrs will approve it.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I have a stock Ve ss and was looking into the walkinshaw 2.5 inch cat back exhaust will i need to tune my car to accomadate the change or it can be left as i dont want it to be illegal (epa) and dont want to void my warranty any ideas.
cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Cat back will be fine without a tune. Have. Hunt around though... I think walkinshaw use xforce cat backs (correct me if I'm wrong).You might be able to get a better price in the same unit, just without the W if that's the way you want to go. Walkinshaw has given me the highest quote so far of the places I've rung.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Ive got a full difillipo twin 3inch system on mine inc 4into1 1 3/4 headers, set me back a tad over 4k supplied & fitted.

+1
I have the same on my ute and the note is just awsome.
Couldnt tell u what i paid as i got other stuff done at the same time

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I think walkinshaw use xforce cat backs (correct me if I'm wrong).You might be able to get a better price in the same unit, just without the W if that's the way you want to go. Walkinshaw has given me the highest quote so far of the places I've rung.

It's a shame alot of people get sucked into buying 'Walkinshaw' gear. They use other company's parts, rebrand them, then charge through the roof just for the name.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Thx for the heads up with the brand walkinshaw use good to know
Iam thinking of going 2 1/4 inch instead of 2 1/2 inch just because of the drone noise i have a stock afm auto would anyone know if the sound would be good dont want it loud just a better rumble than stock

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Thx for the heads up with the brand walkinshaw use good to know
Iam thinking of going 2 1/4 inch instead of 2 1/2 inch just because of the drone noise i have a stock afm auto would anyone know if the sound would be good dont want it loud just a better rumble than stock

The twin 2 1/2 is prefectly fine for an AFM auto, it just comes down to what catback you choose...the cheaper the system the more drone it'll have. There's a few good quality systems on the market atm that wont break the bank...CHE, manta, HM Headers, Capa just to name a few. Don't bother with a twin 2 1/4 as that's what size the factory catback is.