Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ss wheels on a vx calais- and a few questions bout the wheels

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
ive got a vx calais storm grey in colour, im just wondering has any one seen the ve ss wheels on a car similar to mine and what it looks like, also ive read different thing about the wheels, can someone tell me exactly what needs to be done,exactly how much they need to be machined and if they will fit with the standard tyres from the factory on, as the ones i am looking at have good tread and would be a waste if they dont fit, help asap would be appreciated

carra909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
to fit ve rims the hubs need to be bored out by 2mm or something like that, if you get to have a look at it its only a tiny lip so its no big deal to the structure of the wheel

i think the profile of the tyres that come out on ve's are one size bigger then recommended for vt/vx. i have ve calais on mine and from factory the come with 235/45/18 but to keep the speedo correct the profile i have 235/40/18, altho it doesn't make that much of a difference

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Yeah as said mate the standard VE tyres are 1 profile size bigger then recommended for pre-VE's. And yeah its only a few mm you need to get machined off so no big deal. Dont just got off a number you read on here though. Take your wheel off, properly & acurately measure your hub (a), then measure the hole in the rim (b), then take to where ever you're gonna get them machined and say you need (b) to be (a) size. Done. And then you know for sure they will fit perfectly