Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ss wheels on vn ss

SKDPIG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS Commodore
Whats involved in modifying Ve ss mags to fit a vn ss? Just boring out the center hole? And will 245 wide tyres fit without rubbing?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
You will have to get the centres bored out a little so they will fit and make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing and do it properly so they fit snugly on the hub. Otherwise the rims will put pressure on the studs, which then you will snap them off and the wheel will fall off...

245s are definitely to wide for the front without some mods, not sure about the back as my VP has IRS and 245s definitely wouldn't fit I used 235 front and rear

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Whats involved in modifying Ve ss mags to fit a vn ss? Just boring out the center hole? And will 245 wide tyres fit without rubbing?

It's not very hard and you can do them yourself with some patience and taking off a small amount of material at a time and them rotating the wheel and do a bit more and so on. Basically the wheel centre already has part of the hole at the right dimension you just have to take the rest down to the same dimension... I used a medium grit emery wheel in a drill but definately not anything that cuts the metal... It will take off too much material in a small time. Emery takes longer but it does a much better job if you go slow keep as square as possible and keep rotating the mag wheel so what you take off is the same all the way around and keep running your finger over the surface to see if how much you have taken off and then when youre close I found a spray can lid the right size drilled a hole in the centre and put a bolt through it and wrapped a fine piece of emery around the out side like the picture and put the bolt end in a drill and hold it square and run at a slow speed to finish the job off to get the 2 surfaces the same diameters and stop when it is just right dont keep going and make the hole too big...did all mine using this process including the spare and they fit perfectly.

Also I used these cragar wheel nuts i that have a small barrel that go into the cavity to make up the difference between the 12mm and 14mm studs.I have 235/40 s on my vr are bigger in height than stock but they fit ok to clear the struts and wheel arches and give the car about 10mm more ground clearance and clear the 343 brake discs and calipers by the width of a index finger . However The 245 /45/18 inch normal VE profile tyres are too big for any vn-vs and won't fit without major drama.

Last edited: