Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE ssssl front king springs.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
you could get your springs compressed more, but may end up as just a solid chunk of metal lol..

Have a chat to king springs about Beema ones, they will drop your car more than Holden ones will, I.E BMW SL sits just abit lower than Ultra Lows in the commodore branding on my car, mind you it is a VS.. they bolt straight up.

Yeah but what model bmw? Beemers have different suspension that would sit in a different place which is why they have a shorter coil. How much does the Beemer weigh aswell. Because if your springs a too soft you'll end up bottoming out every time you run over a speedhump. Do they have hd Beemer springs so it's nice and firm? You don't want to be scrubbing out your inner guards all the time aswell.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
you could get your springs compressed more, but may end up as just a solid chunk of metal lol..

Have a chat to king springs about Beema ones, they will drop your car more than Holden ones will, I.E BMW SL sits just abit lower than Ultra Lows in the commodore branding on my car, mind you it is a VS.. they bolt straight up.

That is only relevant in VP-VZ IRS vehicles. And only the rear!!!

The VE has completely different suspension to previous Commodore designs. Don't use BMW springs!!!!!

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
I have the black king springs in mine. It sits pretty low at the front. Check out my pics to see how it sits.

Keep in mind I'm actually going back to my pedders because they sit a little higher. Get too many issues at this height.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
That is only relevant in VP-VZ IRS vehicles. And only the rear!!!

The VE has completely different suspension to previous Commodore designs. Don't use BMW springs!!!!!

Even if they fit though in anyCommodore. The issue is it makes your Commodore allot lower that it makes a beamer because of where the springs are mounted. So ssl in a bmw might have 30mm leeway (as an example). and if it drops your commodore bellow sssl so it's like 70mm off the ground your gonna scrape on everything. That's why really low Commodore springs are stiff as hell and ride like ****. So you don't bottom out every time you hit a ripple in the tarmac.

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
IMG_00311_zps6d0db31e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
Even if they fit though in anyCommodore. The issue is it makes your Commodore allot lower that it makes a beamer because of where the springs are mounted. So ssl in a bmw might have 30mm leeway (as an example). and if it drops your commodore bellow sssl so it's like 70mm off the ground your gonna scrape on everything. That's why really low Commodore springs are stiff as hell and ride like ****. So you don't bottom out every time you hit a ripple in the tarmac.

Yeah I agree with what you are saying 100% hence why I started off with "talk to Kings".. as the weight difference and how it is distributed between BMW and Holdens is different.. Maybe they have an HD spring, but even then it still might be two soft.

Have yet to look at the VE suspension ... I was just throwing it out there. :hmmm:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

Yeah I agree with what you are saying 100% hence why I started off with "talk to Kings".. as the weight difference and how it is distributed between BMW and Holdens is different.. Maybe they have an HD spring, but even then it still might be two soft.

Have yet to look at the VE suspension ... I was just throwing it out there. :hmmm:

Yeah I know all of this but the spring are the same design. Obviously there a lower ride height, probably less coils and a lower spring rate. But they will not fit VE!! End of BMW spring discussion. The VE has a factory coil over shock design which is new for the commodore rear suspension and the first major change since live to IRS to now the current VE setup

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
just chop them then if the spring doesnt taper like that found on a IRS system.. if the shock is shortened then the top hat should hold it fine :rofl2:

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL