Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSv A6 2012 Diff Change 2.92 to 3.45 now Speedo incorrect

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
very odd if the sensors are on both rear wheels then there rolling diameter per km does not change after a diff change so no change in speedo should have happened, but i dont know if some or all VE's can have a sensor on the gearbox also for tail shaft rpm which can be use for the speedo also or a diff change would have made that calculation different compared to the wheel sensors so maby some use the gearbox sensor and some wheel sensors

UjisCaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice MY08
I agree, the wheel rotation speed remains unchanged. Sensors on wheels are abs and some models must use one of these to calculate road speed. I can only see an error occurring if there is a sensor on the transmission output shaft.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
yea i only know there is because mine has one on the trans also which i thought was odd for a VE, could also be a manual/auto thing maby the autos dont have one on the gearbox and manuals do or something like that

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
I changed the same ratios on my 2008 VE. Speedo didn't change. But with my VF tuner had to re program it.

Wrong.....your speedo would have been out.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Good to know HotDog.

Agree with 07GTS as, maybe different models use the senors differently or have different like Ujiscaprice Also pointed out but now if you get an error we know how to fix it

Wrong.....your speedo would have been out.

care to explain your quite unhelpful reply and mention your experience with VE diffs???

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Good to know HotDog.

Agree with 07GTS as, maybe different models use the senors differently or have different like Ujiscaprice Also pointed out but now if you get an error we know how to fix it

care to explain your quite unhelpful reply and mention your experience with VE diffs???

Had a VE Calais V8....changed the diff from a 2.92 to a 3.45. Had to get it recalibrated because the speedo was out & also change the auto shift points. Its not that hard to understand.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Had a VE Calais V8....changed the diff from a 2.92 to a 3.45. Had to get it recalibrated because the speedo was out & also change the auto shift points. Its not that hard to understand.

Well it is if two different things are happening. What year and series is yours? That's the important info.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8

But not all VEs speedo's are out due to the difference in where the speed sensors are. I know the G8s (so early VEs) do not the speedo calibrations. As mentioned auto have a sensor on the rear of the Trans where the manuals don't.

All autos will need to shift points change tho and that's a separate issue to the speedo.

Your right it's not hard to understand but your other post was blunt and didn't explain/help at all. Now we know you done it in your auto, that's info helps