Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV abrupt shaking at idle

Imesha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi,
I've recently noticed some feedback from the brake pedal when at the lights. The car feels like it's about to misfire however there's no actual signs of misfiring besides the feeling it's about to stall. After a decent drive it seems to get better but still there.
The harmonic balancer looks off a little but I've read/heard that a little imbalance is normal.

Car details.
Holden VE 2010 AFM SSV
119 000 kms
Had spark plugs change at 90k service interval.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi,
I've recently noticed some feedback from the brake pedal when at the lights. The car feels like it's about to misfire however there's no actual signs of misfiring besides the feeling it's about to stall. After a decent drive it seems to get better but still there.
The harmonic balancer looks off a little but I've read/heard that a little imbalance is normal.

Car details.
Holden VE 2010 AFM SSV
119 000 kms
Had spark plugs change at 90k service interval.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
Is it a Series II?
Either dirty MAF or O2 sensors, possibly incorrect plugs / gap.
Check plug type and gap, you can clean the MAF yourself, and O2 sensors are a cinch but a couple of hundred.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
if its idling bad just shut off and remove plugs and check colour it will show u if any cylinders arnt firing properly

Imesha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hey sorry for the really late reply.
this weekend i had the chance to swap over spark plugs. What i found was odd is the spark plugs were different on either side, drivers side were Champion 9405 and passenger were 9404 .

Changing the spark plugs really didnt do much , i still get the shakes.

Its not a complete misfire where i feel the car is about to stall but its minor shaking.

Another thing i realised was me tacho would sit pretty well but on engineering mode i see a fluctuation at the 550-565 mark and my instant fuel on idle is 1.8-2.2L/100km.

Some other forums mentioned about engine mounts going bad cause a little shaking.

Thanks once again for your replies!

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
idle rpm will always fluctuate when looked at with digital view where as the pointer on dial wont show up as much small movement

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
My 08 v6 ve has a rough idle, did you end up finding out the problem at all? Cheers

Imesha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hi.
No sorry I haven't figured it out, I really havnt looked much more into it as it's not that noticeable.
I am looking to change spark plug leads as they're still the ones that came on the car.

Im guessing any brand of leads are fine ?

Thanks

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
It's at the right kms to have failed engine mount. They usually last around 100k.