Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv afm tune

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
No mines manual mate, and the 3" on a ute sounds good but again loudness is a real preference.. Mine is adequate for me. It cost me $3,600 for VCM OTR, dyno tune, 2.5" stainless exhaust with walkinshaw tips. It's manufactured by HM Perry I believe. As for just exhaust and tune only that's a good question. All I can say is DO NOT TOUCH SHITTY REMOTE TUNES. You want someone who throws it on the dyno and actually watches how the car behaves and tunes it accordingly. People will get on here and stick up for remote tunes but think of it this way; it's like a doctor doing heart surgery via a computer. Walkinshaw isn't cheap but you are much less likely to have problems when and if you do battle with holden. They will laugh at you if they find out someone like "oztrack" drive through tune has touched it they will laugh at you.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
This is why I went to walkinshaw mine was tuned by a local guy but got worried and got it re done in Vic.

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
Thanks guys for the info. Im goin to go with the walkinshaw exhaust & tune, just not sure on 2 1/2 or 3inch. Get a price for tune & exhaust this week. Fitting the ramjet otr sunday so see what diff that makes. Was goin 2 go xforce exhaust but seems very mixed feeling on them.

njmartin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec, VY wagz
you could take it to chevs mate in carrum downs, nice and close for ya

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
+1 for chevs. Also APS at frankston, have used them personally and will use again, very professional.

Dale@CHE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS, VT SS
You would be better off spending the extra money on a better exhaust IMO.

you havent seen the new Xforce stuff have you?? they have really picked up there game in the last 6-8 months, the new range of stainless cat backs are great with totally revised centre and rear mufflers etc.

leaves DF for dead in the sound department,
cheaper than KPM and quality is on par if not better at 1/2 the price..

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I wouldnt touch Chev's with a 10 foot pole.

Gary is arrogant and looks to rip off whoever he can, whenever he can. He doesnt finish jobs on time, or on quoted price. Numerous people who have taken their cars there have been burnt by him. I'd steer clear!

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
you havent seen the new Xforce stuff have you?? they have really picked up there game in the last 6-8 months, the new range of stainless cat backs are great with totally revised centre and rear mufflers etc.

leaves DF for dead in the sound department,
cheaper than KPM and quality is on par if not better at 1/2 the price..

Do the systems still drone though?

hsv 195i

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 senator signature
What would a xforce 2 1!/2 stainless cost installed or would I be best just going the Walky? Does the xforce drone?

HillsBoy44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just keep in mind, 'quality' is subjective and different folks have different opinions on what sounds good to them.

Go and hear a few systems before you buy. Go for a ride in a car with the same exhaust or rough set ups that you want. Most good shops should be able to show you an example car.