Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV CAI pics and a vid

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Just looking at Deano HSV Pic 3, where the hell does it get the air from, its almost like its stuck behind the bumper. It looks the same as the SV6 set up which I was looking at over the weekend to make some sense out of it.

I assume then that a CAI can also be made for the SV6 which I'd love to look at.

By the way how hard is it to take the piping off to clean the filter? looks pretty tight down there

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just looking at Deano HSV Pic 3, where the hell does it get the air from, its almost like its stuck behind the bumper. It looks the same as the SV6 set up which I was looking at over the weekend to make some sense out of it.

I assume then that a CAI can also be made for the SV6 which I'd love to look at.

By the way how hard is it to take the piping off to clean the filter? looks pretty tight down there

on pic 3 thats the standard setup and is the same for the v6 and the v8 models.
it pics up air from behind the headlight and from behind the front bumper

a CAI for the SV6 is not yet released as far as i know
to clean the filter its as easy as lossening the bracket at the MAF and pulling out the aluminium bend with the air filter attached...leaving the top bend and MAF still on the car.

vy1sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
reaper, everything can be measured, its what a dyno or drags is for. Nice car :)