Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve Ssv l98 with LSA blower.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
A bit of information for curious people thinking of dropping an LSA on their L98.

I did a home build, heads off build over Covid.

LSA cam, intake, new Charger. New LS3 valve springs, lifters. Lsa front pulley. Water to air intercooler.

It already had 4-1 Di Filippo tuned length headers (the early ones) and matching hi flow cars and 2.5" cat back.

Cost was a bit over 9k NZ.

Out put is 373kw at the hub.

Last edited:

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Nice mate bet it goes heaps better now would love to do the same to mine, just curious as to why you used the stock lsa cam and not something aftermarket?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Nice power. Are you going to up the boost?
What is the intercooler water temps like on a long drive?

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Nice mate bet it goes heaps better now would love to do the same to mine, just curious as to why you used the stock lsa cam and not something aftermarket?
Thanks mate, I wanted to go pure gm on the motor so that it would be a bit stealthy and have great drivability.

Its drives really well, idles like a factory car, still has stock converter gearbox and diff

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Cheers, power wise it's got plenty for me right now, I dont really get to properly open her up much on the road.

You can feel the coolness on the intercooler pipes when not driving hard, but I haven't checked the manifold air temps. Will do when we go out later and let you know.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
Finally got a chance to measure this, the IAT are 6degrees above ambient at 100kph. The day was 17, inside the Charger was 23.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Finally got a chance to measure this, the IAT are 6degrees above ambient at 100kph. The day was 17, inside the Charger was 23.

Not too bad. If you installed an ice bucket you could drop even more but that is if you want to drag race.

NZ-GTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 SSV Blown 373KW ATW
I'll have to send it at some point. I do like the idea of a forced induction interchiller, but I don't drive hard enough to use all the power as it is to be honest. Bit of an old man in it, most times