Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve ssv my10 ute

delerium13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
I Have recently purchased a VE SSV MY10 UTE.
I am looking at doing some mods but have been told so many different things and its starting to get confusing.
Currently the ute has a 2.5inch stainless steel X-Force cat back exhaust and a Harrop cold air intake.
I want to add some headers and hi-flow cats and complete he system. I have been told to go for pacemaker headers and hi-flow cats, at the moment the cat back exhaust has a really nice note but is a bit too tammed and i would like to hear it open up. I was told that with the pacemaker headers and hi-flow cats my note would completly change and that if i wanted it louder again the mufflers could be looked at but should be ok.... ???
Now within the year i am planning on doing the cam so was wondering if keeping the exhaust at 2.5inch would be ok? or would it have to be 3inch? any help about the exhaust would be great.... ??

also if anyone knows if a pete jackson gear drive can be fitted to the ute... i would like to know where i can get it done and how much would i be looking at??

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
2.5" is fine mate, 3" give you a different sound but no additional performance unless you highly modify the engine.

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
VCM have just released a 1 7/8 long tube tri-y header.They come of the head very nicely and are an excellent fit. I fitted a set a couple of weeks ago to a VE that already a 2 1/2"cat-back. Sounded awesome. I'm fitting a cam to it now so will let you know how it sounds/goes