Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV Series II and Carryboy...

scratchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Howdy folks, This is my first post here but iv been lurking around for a while now, grats on a bustling, helpful forum! As the title says, im thinking of buying a carryboy canopy for my ute, (link posted at bottom) I was after some experience stories from others out there, has anyone bought one? or can you think of any other options? budget is 3-4k.

looking forward to your replies!

CARRYBOY : Carryboy Australia Fibreglass Canopies and Accessories for Utility Vehicles

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
I have a carryboy on my VEII ute, I got it off ebay and saved about 2K.

The seal carryboy use on the roof is rubbish, I stuck some extra 4mm foam tape on the roof of the car and on the canopy its self. Also put two small squares of tape in the indent on the roof for a better seal. The trick with the foam tape is to have the non stick sides touching as it seals better and the canopy can be removed with ease. I also fitted some clear 3M protective tape on my paint work over the roof.

After a few mods very happy with my non leaky canopy, I think the leaking was the reason it was on ebay in the first place.

92c0276c.jpg

scratchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I have a carryboy on my VEII ute, I got it off ebay and saved about 2K.

The seal carryboy use on the roof is rubbish, I stuck some extra 4mm foam tape on the roof of the car and on the canopy its self. Also put two small squares of tape in the indent on the roof for a better seal. The trick with the foam tape is to have the non stick sides touching as it seals better and the canopy can be removed with ease. I also fitted some clear 3M protective tape on my paint work over the roof.

After a few mods very happy with my non leaky canopy, I think the leaking was the reason it was on ebay in the first place.

Thanks very much for your input. was this your first choice or did you have others in mind?

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
allways wanted the carryboy as I like the smooth finish and dont look too bulky. Glass seals are good by the way.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
My step father has one on hi sute and have had no problems....... as long as it is fitted by carryboy. i have heard of people doing it themselves and making a complete mess of it......