Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SSV-UTE Rear Speaker Wires or Headunit diagram?

venomous

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Commodore
Hey guys i have a 2008 VE SSV Ute and want to throw in my sub and amp, the amps have inputs so i dont need to use rca's but i cant find the rear speaker wiring in the loom that comes of the headunit.

According to the internet they should be the colors below -

Dark Green - / Light Green + = Front Right Speaker
Grey - / Brown + = Front Left Speaker
Light Blue - / Dark Blue + = Rear Right Speaker
Yellow/Red - / Brown + = Rear Right Speaker

But its wrong, at least for my ssv it is wrong...I have no yellow wire, or dark blue at all in that entire loom.... Any help?

11203126_978637318847830_160173793830277105_n.jpg

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
Looking the photo, You don't have rear speaker wires from the head unit.
The right rear rear speaker wires go above the 4 wires that are there and the rear left go below the wires that are there.
Maybe a trip to the wreckers to get a quad lock plug and remove the wires that you need and install the extra wires into your plug.
You will also need to have the rear out put enabled as the utes are not enabled from the factory.

Hope this helps,
Tony.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Tony is correct. There are no rear speaker wires in your loom... pretty common actually. It's a Ute... no rear speakers so no wires.

You can goto a wreckers but personally I would just pop down to an autobarn or something similar and grab yourself the aux in loom which comes with the T-Harness quadlock and will instantly provide you with those wires... but that brings your next problem... just because they're plugged in doesn't mean they will work. On a series one ve you can easily access the service menu of the headunit (do a search and it'll come up) but on series two I believe it needs to be activated by a technical 2 or something along those lines.