Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Steering Wheel Removal - How To Take Off The Airbag

scrounga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega ute. VZ Monaro (Sting Red)
Hi all, just a few things to make life a little easier. 1st I just used a short pair of long nose pliers in the closed position to release the air bag. Pushed the point into the slot and the handles made it a lot easier to lever as your using your whole hand.
2nd why bother buying a Torx bit when an Allen key will do the job just as well. It's about 7mm which is not a standard metric Allen key size but a 9/32 (I think) did the job beautifully. I used a shifter on the end of the Allen key to get the leverage I needed and also used the shifter to re tighten afterwards. No need to go mad with the tension as the bolt is just to stop the wheel sliding off the splines. It's the splines that are doing most of the work but do re apply some thread locker. Also I just turned the wheel 180 degrees without the engine running as it's only half a turn and it's not that hard. If your really worried about it you could always lift the front of the car with a jack. Finally forget the fuse, just disconnect the battery, it only takes seconds to do and then there is no doubts. To my suprise the radio stations didn't need to be reset just the time and date. Bonus. Hope this helps repay some of the debt I owe to the forum for the help I have received in the past.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Will I need to take the airbag off if i want to take the silver accents off my s2 steering wheel?

Hamwallet

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega
Hey guys and gals, New to the forum but just asking for any advice on the torx screw.. No matter how hard i try it doesn't come undone

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
My torx screw had a crap load of lock tight on it witch made it quite difficult to do, but jerking it back and forth got it to move.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hey guys and gals, New to the forum but just asking for any advice on the torx screw.. No matter how hard i try it doesn't come undone

Stop using your little sisters arms.

leardim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
what is the name of the fuse i cant find it anywhere!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
SRS ? Passenger kick panel fusebox.

leardim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i have found the diagram i just dont know which is the correct fuse for the airbag in steering wheel :S

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Take the fuse box cover off and look at the back of it, all the fuses are identified there.