Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve stock amp signal wire?

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
i just want to know. where does the stock amp in a calais take its signal from? when i tapped the door speaker wires to amp it all the stock amp doesn't want to feed those little mid range drivers in the parcel shelf. i dont understand why it wont work. if it takes the signal from the rear speaker wire. it should still work only because now there amped. does anyone know where the signal comes from? also. when i have the dvd player on and the car in accessory. only my subs will make sound and the little 3" in the dash.. does the dvd player only play sound threw the back speakers?

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
It has a constant fused feed to the battery then it will receive a turn on signal from the speaker outputs from the headunit on the rear channel as for the DVD player it should play sound through the whole system provided u have pressed the rear aux button on the headunit

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
thats really odd.. the rear channel is feeding the amp that powers the subs. the front channel powers the amp that feeds the 4 door speakers. i would think that, if the car is feeding sound from the dvd player to all speakers it should play. but it only does the rear channel and the 3'inch. the amp powerin the doors speakers is on still. just no signal comming to it. its really strange. but music works fine from the head unit in accessory. :(