Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 2011 REVERSE SENSOR&CAMERA PROBLEM

harley wallace

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 commodore
i just bought a 2011 VE SV6 Commodore, and it has a reverse camera on it but it doesn’t work? screen doesn’t show anything of the camera working, neither do my reverse sensors work? it also doesn’t allow me to use the navigation system, is this common thing in all of these models. Do i need to pay money for it to actually work or could there be a problem with the wires. not to worried about the reverse camera but amcor about the reverse sensors because of people who are use to hearing beep beep beep when reversing, i wanna stop my car from being damaged when it’s being reversed. please help thanks.

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
(1) Reverse camera. One time mine went for service and they did something to the software that 'forgot' it had a camera. On the IQ system config menu, you should have a 'camera' tab to the right of the 'bluetooth' tab. If it's missing, you need to get it re-activated at a dealer / service centre. It's possibly related to your sensor issues, but also look in the centre dash menu under 'towbar fitted'. Change that and see if it works.
(2) NAV. Not all cars had NAV fitted although the buttons are there. If it doesn't work, yours prob doesn't have it. You can tell if you do by removing the drivers side centre console trim and there's an SD slot for the NAV card if it's present. You probably don't want it anyway, the maps havn't been updated since 2016 and there's no support for it anymore.

harley wallace

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 commodore
(1) Reverse camera. One time mine went for service and they did something to the software that 'forgot' it had a camera. On the IQ system config menu, you should have a 'camera' tab to the right of the 'bluetooth' tab. If it's missing, you need to get it re-activated at a dealer / service centre. It's possibly related to your sensor issues, but also look in the centre dash menu under 'towbar fitted'. Change that and see if it works.
(2) NAV. Not all cars had NAV fitted although the buttons are there. If it doesn't work, yours prob doesn't have it. You can tell if you do by removing the drivers side centre console trim and there's an SD slot for the NAV card if it's present. You probably don't want it anyway, the maps havn't been updated since 2016 and there's no support for it anymore.
Cheers for that, will look into it appreciate it.