Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Air Con Noise

scott_c82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 08 SV6 Ute
hi Lenny

Hi,
I have a new SV6, it has about 10,000k on the clock. Ever since about 3000k's, the airconditioning when turned on and after about 5 mins or the car is warm, I start to get this whiring/woo,woo noise in the cabin which is quite loud and annoying. You can hear it at 100 k's per hour if you listen hard.It kinda sounds like a pully or something, but when u lift the hood it isn't very loud, only loud in the cabin.(turn the aircon off and its quiet)
Holden have looked at this fault and acknowlegded this noise and agree that it is very noisy. They have since replaced the compressor..Didnt fix it.
Then back to repace the muffler on the back of the new compressor. Didnt fix it. Then back for 3 days with a new belt and whatever they did still hasn't fixed it!...They have basically given up. They then told me we have the same car out in the yard it has 500k's on it and the noise is worse than yours!!
Has anybody got a similar sound in there VE V6??
Its quite audible even at a idle and kinda comes and goes due to various acceleration levels...(Belt tension?)
Driving me crazy, Appreciate anyone that can help

Lenny66

i have exactly the same problem, the noise drives me nuts, i end up turning the AC off, they have replaced the compressor with a new one, still there, and only when the AC button is on, if i run the fan only, no noise at all!!! have u had any luck with holden service on the problem?

--Ben--

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SV6 ute
I got a '07 SV6 ute, if I hop in the car on a warm day and put the A/C on for couple of minutes just to cool the car a little , I usually have the fan speed around 30%, and particularly I notice when parked the fan speed goes up and down, like almost off for a second or two, then upto about half fan speed, then normal.
I've only had the car for around 2-3 months, from a Holden dealership, when I bought it the battery was nackered, so I requested battery replacement on the contract, but I think the stealership just recharged it, also seems very small for a V6, my last VP battery was like 25% bigger.
I had put down the random fan speeds to the battery, but by the sounds of it new Holden A/C units simply crap.
Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack, but was going to go to Holden service this Friday, get them to have a look, Warranty runs out in 2 and a bit months, anyone got ideas as to another explanation for random fan speeds.

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
my 2 ve sv6's both do it, sounds horrible on a calm night, like a drowning cow, fan speed going up and down abit. Bad design, just have to live with it, leave the music up I guess.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
My Berlina has got it as others have said, only with the aircon on. I remember reading an old thread about it and seem to remember them saying it was the bearing in the AC compressor ?

Raymond T

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ve omega
Hi,
I have a new SV6, it has about 10,000k on the clock. Ever since about 3000k's, the airconditioning when turned on and after about 5 mins or the car is warm, I start to get this whiring/woo,woo noise in the cabin which is quite loud and annoying. You can hear it at 100 k's per hour if you listen hard.It kinda sounds like a pully or something, but when u lift the hood it isn't very loud, only loud in the cabin.(turn the aircon off and its quiet)
Holden have looked at this fault and acknowlegded this noise and agree that it is very noisy. They have since replaced the compressor..Didnt fix it.
Then back to repace the muffler on the back of the new compressor. Didnt fix it. Then back for 3 days with a new belt and whatever they did still hasn't fixed it!...They have basically given up. They then told me we have the same car out in the yard it has 500k's on it and the noise is worse than yours!!
Has anybody got a similar sound in there VE V6??
Its quite audible even at a idle and kinda comes and goes due to various acceleration levels...(Belt tension?)
Driving me crazy, Appreciate anyone that can help

Lenny66
I have similar issues but my noise is coming from under the hood seems to be the fan anybody know if it means fan os stuffed or could it be because aircon hasnt been ised in awhile?