Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Camshafs *Thoughts*

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
They are good, I have them in mine and there's a few others with them. Most of the others are with alloytec but not sure on how many have them with the sidi.

Car is better through whole rev range, with a small amount of lumpiness at idle, not as good as what a v8 is like but it lets you know it's there.

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
They are good, I have them in mine and there's a few others with them. Most of the others are with alloytec but not sure on how many have them with the sidi.

Car is better through whole rev range, with a small amount of lumpiness at idle, not as good as what a v8 is like but it lets you know it's there.

did you gain much power? also did you give yours a tune aswell?

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
I don't have numbers unfortunately which is what everyone would prefer, never got my car dynoed before cams, I have never been fussed. Just enjoying modding the car for fun. Until I get that v8 ha ha.

But you can definitely feel the power increase even before tuning, its still in the process of being tuned now, have been trying a few different ones to get the best out of it.

Going from 1st to 2nd feels heaps better, and pulls more in the higher gears, whereas before if you boot it in 4th or 5th it was a bit sluggish.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Talk to Jarp on here + a few others with SIDI, scour youtube and a few other places. I'd love a set for nothing more than that lumpy idle!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Talk to Jarp on here + a few others with SIDI, scour youtube and a few other places. I'd love a set for nothing more than that lumpy idle!

Why not just get a "ghost cam" then?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just get an awesome ghost cam tune.