Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 catback exhaust

Jake.perherick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Hey guys,

I have a ve sv6 ute, I'm looking at putting a catback exhaust on it in not to sure what the best option is, would it be better to put a 2.25 inch or a 2.5 I don't really want it to drone but a little bit wouldn't matter to much, what do you think the best option is and what would it roughly cost? I'm thinking of going stainless steel over mild steel. Just wanting to know what you guys have and do you like it?

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Dont go any bigger than 2.25. Xforce is probably the go on the 6. Although xforce is the bottom end as far as exhaust systems go they're probably the best option for a 6.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

VTSS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Manual
Dont go any bigger than 2.25. Xforce is probably the go on the 6. Although xforce is the bottom end as far as exhaust systems go they're probably the best option for a 6.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, the bigger systems tend to drone quite a bit on the 6, more so on the auto's though. Also stainless is good for longevity and i prefer the sound of the stainless systems (personal preference) X force is an entry level system but it does the job if you arent after big horsepower. I have a personal preference for DeFillipo exhausts but they are the middle ground between X Force and a hand made custom system in terms of quality and price.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Hey guys,

I have a ve sv6 ute, I'm looking at putting a catback exhaust on it in not to sure what the best option is, would it be better to put a 2.25 inch or a 2.5 I don't really want it to drone but a little bit wouldn't matter to much, what do you think the best option is and what would it roughly cost? I'm thinking of going stainless steel over mild steel. Just wanting to know what you guys have and do you like it?

SV6 Has a 2.25 Cat already from stock, Change the rear mufflers on it to a pair of twin tip 2.5 Mufflers for a nice low tone growl, but if you want to add more volume to your growl change the cat aswell to 2.5

Source:
Did it on my previous SV6 ;)