Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 clutch

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
thanx for the input morrow.. i hated the fact that the sv6's would rather slip rather than lose traction.. (id rather smell burning ruber than smell burning clutch)... all i no is that 3.45 and 3.27 lsd have alot more pull when taking off and obviously evens up trye wear on the back rubbers.. dont no what there worth
and yehh... v6 clutch is expensive.. maybe because there rare? but as more and more p plater get manual sv6's and more v6 clutch options arise, im sure they are going to start getting more competative in their clutch pricing for 6 cylenders. imo holden screwed up with the dual mass flywheel.. if you want a car to be SMOOOOOTHH, buy an auto.
kuzman if they could machine the flywheel, thats all a clutch would cost, but when you do change it id recomend (as was recomended to me) to convert to a solid flywheel

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
got the car back with the heavy duty exedy clutch and solid flywheel.. seems to be gripping good and has minimal chatter.. still trying to get used to the damn thing.. stalled a few times trying to get home.. lol... but its only 20km or so old so looking forward taking it for a nice cruise..

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
thats heaps good to hear mate.. gota be real smooth on the gear changes hey. is it a bit harder to push the clutch in?

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
still trying to adjust to the new clutch.. getting the hang of it... clutch isnt too much heavier, obviously more than stock, but manageable..

and a snap of the battered clutch..

nak3dsnake

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Camaro RS
Mind helping a yank out? I've got a 2010 Camaro RS with the same powertrain as the SV6 with SIDI. I'm looking for a replacement for the stock clutch and would appreciate any help. Cant seem to find the kit you bought, part number and site link would be great.

still trying to adjust to the new clutch.. getting the hang of it... clutch isnt too much heavier, obviously more than stock, but manageable..

and a snap of the battered clutch..

JC2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 ute manual
I just bought a 2008 sv6 ute manual. When I accelerate off of the lights first is fine but when it comes to second and third etc the revs go up but it takes a while for the car to pick up and go.
I think I might need to replace the clutch but I only just bout the car three days ago.

AJS000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota GT86 (Previously VE SV6)
AAAhh this old thread. Makes me think about my car.
6months after getting it it started slipping constantly. Previous owner had it set up with the tow kit on, used it as a company car, no surprise the clutch was gone at 120,000.

Replaced clutch back in 2012 Im pretty sure with the Exedy HD and Single Mass (was a while ago), I get a little chatter at low RPM in 2nd and 3rd. I freaked the first time I heard it, thought the timing chain had given up.

Anyone know how long before an HD needs replacing?

Do all you guys find the clutch doesn't grip until your foot is really high up on the pedal?