Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 commodore sedan from LLT to LFX. the donor body is a Calais we found some xtra boxes speakers. Under the dash. An I’m pondering what these are

Commyclassve

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
So under one dash of the calias ve sv6 2012 rolling shell there is a zip tied. Speaker under steering column behind plastic fascia an under the stereo an aircon controls box above the heater core
Is 2 strange electrical boxes also there is double the electrical wires in the wiring loom that runs threw the kick shield under the passenger door. Why so much more wiring then the other be shell of a z series so the attached images is below of minimal wiring then the Calais is packed with xtra wiring an electrical boxes. Any ideas
IMG_2401.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2399.jpeg
    IMG_2399.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2400.jpeg
    IMG_2400.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 50

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’m a bit confused there.

You have an SV6 and about to engine swap.

You have a donor car that is a VE Calais?

That box might be a CB?

The Calais will have a lot more wiring than other models because it has all the high end features.

I’d be swapping all those into the SV6 as well.

If you don’t do that, one of the new members is looking for a DVD player that the Calais will have in the roof.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What ever the messy wiring is, it’s aftermarket stuff. I’d be carefully cutting it out and repairing the harness.