Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Dash on to Ve Omega HELP

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
Gday

Just wondering if u guys know how to fix this?

I have fitted a VE SV6 Centre Dash on my wife's VE Omega, the centre red display only came up the Volt and the oil bar reading. Any one know how to fix this problem to go back to normal like the clock. The plugs are the same.

I cant see the radio - cd player displayed when I turned the stereo on. It stays the volt and oil bar reading only. I can see the cluster when im changing the radio channels .

Thanks guys

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Gday

Just wondering if u guys know how to fix this?

I have fitted a VE SV6 Centre Dash on my wife's VE Omega, the centre red display only came up the Volt and the oil bar reading. Any one know how to fix this problem to go back to normal like the clock. The plugs are the same.

I cant see the radio - cd player displayed when I turned the stereo on. It stays the volt and oil bar reading only. I can see the cluster when im changing the radio channels .

Thanks guys

The SIC Module is in "SPORTS MODE" or something similar they call it, holden will have to change it back with a tech 2. Will properly charge you a mint as well

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
The SIC Module is in "SPORTS MODE" or something similar they call it, holden will have to change it back with a tech 2. Will properly charge you a mint as well

Thanks so much for a quick response Westy.

hopefully holden can do it for me if they say no, is there any other way can manual change the sic modude ?

Cheers

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
or just go to the wreckers and rip a replacemennt screen out of another sv6 and hope its normal mode and u will only pay like 20 bucks
Thanks so much for a quick response Westy.

hopefully holden can do it for me if they say no, is there any other way can manual change the sic modude ?

Cheers

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
You can manually do this if you have an EEPROM programmer (It needs to support 24C256 EEPROMS) and a 3M Clip.

Having said that, by the time you get the EEPROM programmer and clip, and spent the money, it would have been much quicker to get a SIC from an SV6 or SS model that would already be configured for non Sports mode operation.

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
Hey guys thanks for your advices

I took to my holden dealer, he was kindly to change my sport mode to Tech2 for free :D They usually charged $66 inc GST (its only a 2 mins job )

thanks again