Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 immobiliser Problems

booger_beau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Hey has anyone had any problems with their VE commodore Immobiliser. For some reason I can only unlock my car using the immobiliser after I have first put the key in the door first and turned it. It locks fine and unlocks fine (after key in door). This is the same with the boot release. Also if I don't press the key unlock button after I have put the key in the door, when you open the door the alarm will sound. Since the key immobiliser button works I'm thinking its just a security setting but after going through the security options in the car still can't find anything. Anyone had the same problem or got any ideas???
Any help would be sweet.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
odd mate have you tryed changing the battery and is it the same for both keys?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Suggest that you take it back to the dealer have it repaired/replaced under warranty.

booger_beau

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Cheers jasonsv6 tried both ideas but no success. Ran out of warranty few months ago so just going to have to take it back and hopefully it won't cost too much to fix. Due for a service soon anyway so ill just do it all in one go. Thanks for the help anyway.

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
some had had luck getting software updates out of holden after the warranty expired

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
my car wont start bcoz of my immobilisers is there a way to reset it i tried the remove the battery trick

Reaction score
Website
www.bkwheels.com.au
Members Ride
VE Commodore
It sounds to me as though the sensor has gone. I just replaced one in one of the cars i sold. It sits under the rear console. Once it goes it stops the car from recieving the signal from the key. I would more than likely say that is what has gone wrong. I hope that helps. It cost me $550 to fix at madills Holden... You might be able to find a cheaper quote.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The battery is for the central locking only, not the immobiliser.

The immobiliser reads the transponder chip that's inside the key, it doesn't require power.

What year is the car? Early VE's has RFA software issues that would result in the remote not unlocking the car.

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
I'm having this trouble aswell! I'm in maryborough for a funeral (I live in rocky) I was about to leave to rocky at all of a sudden the immobilized message comes up... What do? Haha tried the battery trick checked the fuses.