Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 my09 9.5 - good price?

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Current Ads Disappeared?

I notice the Holden website lists a 09-plated SV6 manual at $37,999 drive away, but delivery must be before 28Feb09.

I previously commented that the dealer that I bought from had almost completely run out of stock mid-January. Now I notice that the Cars Guide of today's Sydney Daily Telegraph does not appear to include any Holden ads for new Commodores sedans, with Holden or individual dealers.

Looks like Holden have successfully vacated 08-plated stock inventory to a satisfactory level, so the real specials may have already dried up. I though the deals pre-Christmas were to good to last, which is why I jumped into the market then.

Brad_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Glad I got in early too. I was holding off until this year to get a new car, but picked up my Phantom SV6 ute in december for $30 000 drive away. Still reckon some dealerships will be willing to do decent deals when times get harder financially for them tho.

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
There are some dealerships that have run off their excess stock, granted. There are still a few dealers still struggling to find buyers though, the market is all screwed up. My area up here in Darwin and (remembering back when I was living in Melbourne a few months ago) the dealership at FTG and in Cranbourne have a hard time getting rid of their utes across all platforms (Omega / SV6 / SS and SS-V) for example. Eventually I bought mine as private and to some degree I do regret not waiting.

Biggest thing is, dealerships love add-ons. Tint, weathershields, spoilers... all that stuff is extra money for them. Try and go for accessories to the absolute minimum. Genuine stuff can break just as easily as the copies. Do your research though, ask friends and family about particular items you want on your car and find out the quality issues with it. Base of fact is that when the dealer sees you eyeing off a car you want, he/she'll do everything to give you a sales pitch on putting a tint on or upgrading the rims to 20" or getting that useless superbox for the ute as an example. They're obscenely priced and 9 times out of 10... you don't need it!

I love it when they say that the vehicle looks so much better with 20" over the 19"s... errr he ain't the one that's going to fork out the new tyres that'll you'll be up for in the future now will he? Go to your local tyre place for 5hits and giggles ask them for the price of 20"s and you'll see what I mean.

Even if your going for the base models, the rules still apply. Don't get suckered into a sales pitch, keep accessories to a minimum and go for something you want! Not what they want, it's not going to be their car. Negotiate price aggressively, especially now! Whilst they might laugh at a low offer just stick to your instincts. If they're not willing to negotiate and just laugh, tell them thankyou for the time and say you'll buy this car somewhere else. You have the option to choose, they don't. They don't choose buyers. Every day that car sits in their yard they lose money on it.

Hope this bit of info helps for those umming and arring on what to do. Hate car buying, such a time consuming, brain melting process...