Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve sv6 series 2keys

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
Had problems with pairing the key

Last edited:

Vs-AclaimII

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Series 2
All you have to do is swap the button section over from the old non-flip key to the newly cut flip key... then get into your car, sit in the drivers seat and shut the door. Using the other working 'registered' key that came with your car put it in and turn the key to accessories but DO NOT START the engine. leave it on accessories for ten seconds. You now have up to ten seconds to swap keys. Take the working key out and put in your newly cut flip key. Turn the flip key to accessories but again DO NOT START the engine. After accessories start as normal turn the key back off and remove. then insert the flip key it back in and start the engine.

The above process is what I did recently on my wagon to register a newly cut flip key. From that point on the unchanged original key, the flip key as well as the left-over head from the second standard key that I took the buttons from all would start the engine.

You need insert all keys then the new key to work.

Last edited:

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
Just had a crack with this with a cut flip key and if worked a wonder. As mentioned previously I needed to use the 2 original keys before the new cut key but all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

ajobbins

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE V-Series
Just had a crack with this with a cut flip key and if worked a wonder. As mentioned previously I needed to use the 2 original keys before the new cut key but all good.

So do you do 10 seconds on ACC with original key 1, then 10 seconds on ACC with original key 2, then 10 seconds on ACC with new key 3 and all three key heads are then programmed to the car?

Nervegas

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 ve ss thunder ute
Yep. That's all I did. I removed the new key then put it straight back in before started it though

thatsADM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 S1 MY10

Quick question, I bought my sv6 second hand and it only came with the one key. Does this mean I will not be able to do this? Do all commodores come with 2 keys brand new? and if so, is there anyway of doing this with just one key?

Cheers

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Quick question, I bought my sv6 second hand and it only came with the one key. Does this mean I will not be able to do this? Do all commodores come with 2 keys brand new? and if so, is there anyway of doing this with just one key?

Cheers

You can do this with just one key. Just means you will keep the one key, if you need another whole new key then you will have to see holden/locksmith for this.