Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 supercharger kits from CAPA

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if your car is pre 08 you don't need the piggy back ecu or fuel system upgrade they offer.

you will however need to upgrade your injectors.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the ve from aug06-decemember 07 has the E77 from jan 08 they have the E69 ecu which is the untunable one as far as vcm is concerned.

the E69 is the same ecu that is used in the DI motors i guess GM were cost cutting making holden come in line with the release of the DI Caddy.

the E77 is the same ECU as the vz's. i thought this was common knowledge?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
by the way I believe the figures CAPA quote are at the flywheel, however ive heard its very conservative and if you get it tuned instead of the piggyback then you will make a lot more power (depending on the tuner)
and also, ive called CAPA and they say the piggyback will not work on the MY09 and newer models - same as VCM!

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

Major Herbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Pontiac G8 Manual '10 VE SV6 Manual
I'm a bit of a noob, i got a 07 VE Omega. I wouldn't mind doing this to my car but have no clue about it. If anyone could give me some ideas it would be epic as...

Also i live around 20kms from CAPA Centre

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
im all for modding an existing engine to get more power, but you need to remember that once you start force feeding an engine and drivetrain not designed for that amount of power, reliablity comes into play.

lets say $5k for a supercharger.
another $2k for exhaust and tune.

you're looking at close to $10k and you havent even touched on engineer certificates, insurance, and other little worries with having major mods on a car. then you start ripping up clutches and gearboxes and drive shafts.

yes you'll be different, and yes you'll enjoy it (hell, I spent thousands modifying a car when I was younger.... loved it), but when you can get a v8 in the same body nice and stock (my modified car didnt have that option- it was a small hatchback), why go through all that pain?

at the end of the day, we are lucky that holden have blessed us with different powerplants in the same body shapes. my strongest advice to anyone seeking major power gains to a v6? sell it and buy a v8.
drivetrain, brakes, exhaust, engineering, insurance, roadworthyness.... all already done for you.
different story if you own a car that doesnt come with a 'powered up' option out of the dealership... but thats not the case with holden.

it'll be cheaper in the long run, and less worry. trust me.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
raptor should have a kit out in a few months (or so they say)

personally I'd just make her look and sound good and leave it at that. A SC SV6 does sound awesome though.