Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 Wagon Vibration

Bigred!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp vacationer
^^ correct, alot of series 2 ve's have this problem with the torque converter locking up when they aren't supposed to, causeing the vibration and an also feels like the vehicle is miss firing.
I can verify this as I work as a mechanic at a Holden dealership, so I have fitted alot of torque converters to series 2's.
I can nearly say 100% this is your problem.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I read in the Herald paper today that Holden have found that people were complaining about car vibration at 70+ks and they found it to be a bad batch of Torque Converters that were out of balance at speed, maybe this could be the OPs issue??

I read that too, also remember reading something about them not having stock?

Bigred!

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp vacationer
I read that too, also remember reading something about them not having stock?

Torque converter are in stock, it's genuin dexron 6 Holden ran out of, and had about a 6 week wait.

KN08BY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 S2 SV6 Sportwagon
I've got a VE SII SV6 wagon and get the same thing but not till 100k's, its a bit intermittent too. I'm due for new tyres and a service this week. Hopefully a balance and new tyres will sort it out. I'll let you know, I'll see what they say about the torque converter stuff too.

Kye

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SV6
I've got a VE SII SV6 wagon and get the same thing but not till 100k's, its a bit intermittent too. I'm due for new tyres and a service this week. Hopefully a balance and new tyres will sort it out. I'll let you know, I'll see what they say about the torque converter stuff too.

Yeh myen is also intermittent. Holden guaranteed me it was uneven tyre wear and that changing to a new set of tyres would fix the problem. He then said I shouldnt change them just yet as their is plenty of tread left - By the time the tread is gone my warranty would have ran out so ill be looking to get some new tyres and rims before then!! Very keen to see how you go with new tyres!